Can My Hotel Carpets Be Restored After A Pipe Bursts?
Don't let water damage close your hotel. SERVPRO has the know-how to quickly remediate the damage.
SERVPRO Can Efficiently Remove Water from Your Downtown Manhattan Hotel
Downtown Manhattan is home to many hotels providing luxurious rooms to travelers and those on vacation. If water damage from burst pipes impacts your hotel carpets, you need water mitigation promptly. Additionally, you want as little as possible disruption to your guests coming in and out of the hotel. The last thing you want is guests writing bad reviews because of water issues.
How Do You Restore Carpeting After Water Damage?
More than just your carpets get impacted by water intrusion in your hotel. Hallways, staircases, and wooden structures such as the service desk can be damaged. Water restoration in Downtown Manhattan involving carpeting begins with the right water extraction process. The proper extraction tools can remove water faster than drying alone. SERVPRO has trained water restoration technicians (WRT) who precisely know what is needed to restore your carpets.
Stationary Extraction Tools
While moving extraction tools help certain types of materials, they are not always the best thing for plush carpets. Stationary extraction methods involve using the technician's weight to apply downward pressure and push the water to the surface. The water then gets pulled through a vacuum system attached to the device. Our largest stationary units can cover 200 square inches at one time. Other extraction methods our WRT techs can use include:
- Portable or truck-mounted units
- Carpet wands
- Self-propelled extraction tools
Leaving Your Hotel "Like it never even happened."
Once the water gets extracted from your carpet and padding, the drying process begins. We use industrial-strength air movers and dehumidifiers in the correct ratio for optimum drying power. Our teams work quickly and efficiently to get the job done. You want to get back to business as soon as possible, and we want that too.
For any commercial water damage needs, SERVPRO is here with a team of trained professionals; We're Faster To Any Size Disaster. Contact SERVPRO of Alphabet City/Downtown Manhattan at (646) 665-4195 for expert water restoration service.
What Should I Do Once Black Mold Has Developed Inside My Lower East Side Office Bathroom?
If mold should develop in your office bathroom or other parts of your office, give SERVPRO a call!
For Help on the Lower East Side From One of the Region's Best Mold Removal Companies Call SERVPRO
Slow water leaks or spills in your Lower East Side office's bathroom can get organic materials wet and be the cause of fungal formations. Once fungi form structures called hyphae, develop and spread in all three directions. As the fungus grows, it releases spores into the air for reproductive purposes.
How can you remove the mold from my office and keep it from spreading?
Most professional mold removal companies in the Lower East Side, including SERVPRO, follow strict guidelines set by the Institute for Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the EPA when mitigating fungal contamination. The following steps can be performed by our technicians to remove the fungi and keep it from spreading to previously unaffected areas of your house:
• Containment: One of our main goals during the remediation process is to prevent mold and its spores from spreading. Once a fungus develops, it releases spores into the air that can cause further contamination if it runs into a wet organic substance. Therefore, before we begin any mitigation efforts, we can set up a containment chamber with thick plastic to trap in any particle that is present in the atmosphere.
• Sanding/Sodablasting: If black mold is already visible inside your office's bathroom, then we can remove the formations. Depending on the severity of the contamination and the surface affected, we can either sand down or soda blast off the contaminants and then seal the affected surface with a specialized sealant like Killz. Soda blasting uses baking soda to strip out and chemically neutralize fungal formations.
• Applying Antimicrobial Chemicals: Some household chemicals such as bleach can help eliminate mold itself, but the spores created are best destroyed by using a phenolic such as Sporicidin. These chemical products can get applied to all of the surfaces inside your affected office bathroom.
If black mold starts to develop anywhere inside your office bathroom, call SERVPRO of Alphabet City/Downtown Manhattan at (646) 665-4195 immediately.